T-VIPS goes to the movies
TVIPS' new TVG480 Digital Cinema Gateway for the professional video production and digital cinema industries is now available and shipping. Whether used for viewing digital dailies in real time at remote facilities or transmitting live events to digital cinemas, the TVG480 gateway offers the industry's highest quality JPEG2000-based IP video transport for HD and 3D content.
The solution reduces production and operational costs by enabling new collaborative workflows in production and post, and takes advantage of readily available, affordable IP-based networks. The TVG480 enhances and speeds up post production workflows, by enabling directors to review and approve intermediates and collaborate in real time with editors and colorists in remote locations.
Key features include:
- Multiple JPEG2000 compressed video channels- Visually lossless compression - High-quality video, with 10-bit video resolution
- Very low latency delay for both encoding and decoding.
- MXF encapsulation of JPEG2000, audio and ancillary data.
- Compact, flexible cost-effective solution, half-width 1 RU or full-width 1 RU with dual powersupplies (primary/back-up), user configurable as transmitter or receiver.
- User-friendly configuration and control, with WEB/XML-based remote control, SNMP agent for easy integration with NMS systems and integrated with the flexible and powerful T-VIPS Connect management solution.
Discussing this exciting new product, Helge Stephansen, CTO said: "The TVG480 gateways enable even the most quality conscious designers, color graders, producers and directors to complete approvals without waiting for tape delivery or file transfers. For the studio-to-studio environment, the gateways allow everyone in the workflow, whether they are at one or multiple remote locations, to view a real-time stream and collaborate live. In essence, it expands the walls of a digital video facility, by enabling content to be sent and viewed in real time, over much greater distances and at higher quality than ever before.