Uncompressed Video over IP Media Function for reliable adaptation and transport of SD, HD and 3G-SDI signals over IP
Manufacturer:Nevion Download Nevion_Virtuoso_Uncompressed.pdf
- Multi standard connectivity
- PTP timing and sync (IEEE 1588v2, ST 2059)
- Built-in frame synchronizer
- PTP-based synchronization and alignment of audio, video and metadata streams
- Supports FEC, SIPS / SMPTE 2022-7 and Launch Delay Offset (LDO) IP protection mechanisms
- In-depth service monitoring incl. video freeze/black and audio silence
- Thumbnails of input and output video
NOTE: This product is a version, a variant or a module of the main Virtuoso product line. For further information about this product, visit the main listing product page.
The Virtuoso Uncompressed Video over IP Media Function enables reliable adaptation and transport of SD, HD and 3G-SDI signals over IP without any quality degradation.
The software supports adaptation of baseband SDI signals to IP formats, using SMPTE 2022-6 for wide-area contribution applications. For adaptation in IP-based MCR or production environments, the software supports VSF TR-04 and TR-03 Studio Video over IP, with the intention of supporting the future SMPTE 2110 standards through software updates.
The Media Function runs on the Virtuoso High Bit Rate Media Accelerator and supports both SDI streams via video SFPs and uncompressed video/audio IP streams via 10GE. In addition to Nevion’s proven dual port video SFPs, Nevion has developed a quad port video SFP that provides two electrical outputs and two electrical inputs making the Virtuoso platform the high-density choice for uncompressed video and audio adaptation.
For applications that require high availability, dual hand-off on 10GE and SMPTE 2022-7 is supported for network redundancy. In a SMPTE 2022-7 Seamless IP Protection Switching (SIPS) configuration, each module can perform IP adaptation of up to 4 HD/3G signals in each direction, providing, for example, 16 input and 16 output HD/3G signals per 1RU on the 4 slot Virtuoso Appliance.
- Professional broadcast contribution
- Live sports and event contribution
- Managed video services over IP
- Adaption in IP-based production