Manufacturer:QVidium Download QVPRO-Datasheet.pdf
- Patented QVidium ARQ error correction
- Supports CBR & VBR bitrates up to 30 Mbps
- Up to 4 audio channels (2 stereo pairs)
- Video formats up to 1080p50/60, PAL & NTSC
- 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SDI, HDMI, Composite, SVideo and IP output
- Compact encoder and decoder ½ width - 1RU
- Optional features incrementally licensable
The QVDec supports up to 1080p50/60 and 4 audio channels decoding. It can be licensed as SD, 1080i/720p or 1080p. It supports 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SDI, HDMI, S-Video composite and IP output.
The QVDec has a unique patented Automatic Retransmission Request (ARQ) feed-back based error correction allows reliable delivery over best effort networks such as the public internet. ARQ is similar to TCP in that it informs the encoder if a packet has been lost during transit to the decoder, and requests a replacement to be sent. The benefit ARQ video transmission has over TCP video transmission is that TCP transmits an acknowledgement after each packet is received, where ARQ only transmits a negative ACK when a packet has been lost.
The device can also be powered by either an alternating or direct current.