Manufacturer:Techex Download Techex arqStream - Encoder.pdf
- H.264 - Base, Main, High and Profile up to Level 4.1
- Video formats up to 1080p50/60, PAL & NTSC
- SDI, HD-SDI, 3G-SDI and composite input
- Supports CBR & VBR bit rates from 200kbps to 20Mbps
- Up to 4 audio channels (2 stereo pairs)
- ARQ & Pro-MPEG FEC error correction
- Compact encoder ½ width - 1RU
- Optional licensable features; 1080i, 1080p
The ARQStream Encoder supports up to 1080p50/60 and 4 audio channels.
The ARQStream has a unique patented Automatic Retransmission Request (ARQ) feed-back based error correction which allows reliable delivery over best effort networks such as the public internet. ARQ has similarities to TCP in that it informs the encoder if a packet has been lost during transit to the decoder, and requests a replacement to be sent. The principal benefit of ARQ video transmission over TCP video transmission is that TCP transmits an acknowledgement after each packet is received, where ARQ only transmits a negative ACK when a packet has been lost, minimising bandwidth overhead.
The ARQStream opens up opportunities to leverage low cost high bandwidth public internet links such as SDSL and VDSL for high quality site to site contribution, remote news gathering and live event coverage.
The device can be powered by 240VAC or 6 - 18VDC for flexibility.