- Reliable fixed latency ARQ delivery over networks with both SRT, RIST and ZIXI
- SMPTE 2022-7 seamless input with per path statistics
- RTP header passthrough allowing 2022-7 integrity to be maintained for downstream seamless protection
- BISS-2 scrambling and descrambling with seamless odd/even key transition
- Threshold based input redundancy with support passive or active backup sources
- ETSI TR 101 290 Priority 1, 2 & 3
- Grafana native driver for correlated monitoring of all software components
- Debugging tools - top talkers & PCAP
- Centralised control and monitoring capable of controlling and monitoring remote EDGEs through firewalls
- High availability horizontally scalable cluster based control and monitoring capable of managing thousands of EDGEs
- REST API with existing integrations with ATOS BNCS and Skyline Dataminer
- Supports local, LDAP, SAML and Azure AD authentication
- TS Reader
- Flexible license model with both OPEX and CAPEX options
MWEDGE is a high-performance gateway designed to provide transport protection and monitoring for critical broadcast services. MWEDGE supports UDP, RTP, SRT, RIST, ZIXI, RTMP, VTTP and HLS inputs and UDP, RTP, SRT, ZIXI, RIST, HLS and VTTP outputs. MWEDGE supports 2022-7 input protection from both RTP, SRT and ZIXI inputs, dual 2022-7 output creation with independent path delay and threshold based input failover to both active and passive sources. Each service passing through an MWEDGE is subject to a full ETSI TR 101 290 analysis and has a thumbnail extracted. MWEDGE can be deployed on bare metal, virtualised or as containers. MWEDGE Instances are monitored and controlled through by a MWCORE server. MWEDGE makes spawning hundreds of single-stream light-weight edgelets on demand seamlessly effortless.
You can programmatically create new streams, and add and edit new user accounts or edit streaming parameters. MWEDGE ensures latest BISS2 secure encryption and you benefit from a flexible permissions engine to allow administrators to define what actions a user can perform.
Its optional integration with LDAP, SAML and AZURE AD provides enterprise integration and two factor authentication.
Running on a lightweight and stable Linux platform, MWEDGE is supplied as software (VM, Docker, Linux install files) or as a pre-installed performance certified server. It can also be supported on Windows or Mac OS. All servers are licenced by total bandwidth for the unit i.e. ingress + egress.
Input redundancy provides threshold based failover across continuously monitored priority weighted backup sources. Failover thresholds can be based on TS sync, bitrate, CC Errors within a period or unrecovered packets within a period.
. MWEDGE can take packet captures and can also tell you the ‘top talkers’ to highlight unsolicited incoming traffic. Along with the detailed statistics, this makes MWEDGE great for fault-finding and as an engineering tool. Broadcasters and service providers use MWEDGE to reliably deliver and receive content leveraging cheaper connectivity than otherwise possible.
Take in UDP/RTP/SRT/ZIXI/RIST/RTMP/VTTP/HLS/2022-7 and control the transport stream with detailed statistics (missing/late/duplicate packets, bitrate...) and built-in ETR 290 monitoring. Define priority levels per source stream and failover types and triggers. MWEDGE maintains RTP integrity when using SRT, therefore allowing SMPTE ST2022-7 seamless switching directly after, within EDGE or downstream on 3rd party broadcast equipment. Its optimised implementation of SRT can deliver over 5Gbps of throughput per server for highly scalable, encrypted transport over various networks - ideal for the broadcast market.
MWEDGE is appreciated by Tier 1 broadcasters and broadcast rights-holders delivering high-value content in an auditable, secure and reliable manner. MWEDGE reduces the cost of video transport allowing broadcasters to boost the control and oversight they needs.