Manufacturer:Videon Download EdgeCasterDatasheet.pdf
- 1 or 3 year enhanced support and maintenance option
- HLS, DASH, MBR, CMAF, HTTP Pull, and Dual Posting available with LiveEdge® Streaming
- KLV time codes (Origin Time), SCTE 35, and SRT Enhanced available with LiveEdge® Broadcast
- MWCore control license for EdgeCaster control management and monitored by the Techex MWCore platform with MW-EC-LIC
- HDMI 1.4 input up to 2160p30
- 3G-SDI input, interlaced or progressive up to 1080p50 / p60
- Compression: H.265/HEVC (up to 2160p30)
- Bit rates: 0.5Mbps-30Mbps; Rate control: Variable, Constant
- Unicast, Multicast, SRT, HLS, RTP, Raw UDP, RTMP, RTSP, Recording and FTP upload
- Up to 2x Unicast, 1x Multicast, and 3x RTMP, HLS,
- USB or SD Card storage and FTP automatic upload
- Simple but full-featured web browser based UI
- RESTful API
- IEEE802.3af PoE
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Interlaced and Progressive input - Progressive output
EdgeCaster UHD HEVC Encoder
- Small form factor, affordable, real time UHD encoder.
- Based on Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, dedicated quad core AV processor.
- UHD 2160p30 video resolution ideal for applications that require high video quality: sports, broadcast, medical, live events.
- Reduce bandwidth consumption with efficient, high-quality HEVC compression technology.
- Efficient, low power consumtion and can even be powered by PoE.
- Local recording to USB or SD card and automatic FTP file upload for a zero touch archiving
- Ultra low latency encoding with Multi Bitrate profile grouping for true edge encode power for ABR HLS or DASH
- CMAF support for ultra low latency contribution for truely scalable CDN delivery.
- Qualified with AWS, Alamai, Fastly, CenturyLink and NexPlayer, CastLabs and the hugly populer THEO Player
The best value.
You don’t have to pay exorbitant prices to get a professional-grade product. Supporting resolutions up to 2160p30, this encoder gives you high definition HEVC and H.264 video encode with the added bonus of local recording. Better yet, it’s easy to use, with a web UI and straightforward setup process. EdgeCaster brings affordable encoding to AV over IP workflows without sacrificing quality.
Across a range of AV markets.
EdgeCaster low power, small form factor, and high reliability. Designed specifically for applications where affordability is important, fitting into a variety of AV workflows. And if it isn’t a perfect fit for your needs, consider working with Techex’s engineers to customize a solution. With modifiable features and IO, this encoder can be tailored to simply move your media from any source to any screen.
A true first
Bringing together up to UHD 2160p30 resolution HEVC and h.264 compression, this encoder lets you have the video quality you need while saving bandwidth. Unlike existing UHD encoders, Videon’s EdgeCaster, HEVC encoder offers a small form factor and affordable price point, Multi Bitrate profiles, ultra low latency CMAF delivery and HLS and DASH push and pull! Better yet, it’s easy to use. One-button streaming and a simple web user interface for configuration, make it simple to use, whether you’re streaming for the first time or integrating into an existing workflow, this is the encoder for you.
Save bandwidth at all resolutions with HEVC
With HEVC compression technology, you’ll be saving bandwidth no matter the resolution you’re using. With full-featured support for high definition and even standard definition video, the EdgeCaster HEVC encoder can fit into your current setup and futureproof you for when the UHD need hits.